In this article, you can find information on how to make job application to Waitrose, to have knowledge on job application hand in/online forms, job openings and information on salary, the deadlines assigned for the applications and the pre-requisites/ qualifications for each position.
How to apply a Waitrose jobs, open positions, salary opportunities, you can learn career options in detail, job application form or PDF from this article.
A supermarket. A specialist food shop. An ethical buyer. An environmentally sound business. There are a lot of ways to describe Waitrose & Partners. Join us and you’ll quickly see that all of these descriptions are only part of what makes us different. Yes, we’re passionate about food – and about the people that we sell it to – but we’re never complacent. Our world is fiercely competitive; one that challenges us constantly to find new ways of growing our customer base.
This means we innovate at every corner. Concierge-style desks, loyalty cards giving customers access to great offers and competitions, a cookery school and market-leading product innovation are just a few initiatives we’re proud of. It also means we’re growing – developing supermarkets, convenience shopping at motorway services, Little Waitrose & Partners stores and waitrose.com – so that we never fail to surprise and delight our customers.
And as much as that might all seem to focus on our customers, these ambitions deliver on many levels for our Partners too. Growth means greater career opportunity for our people. It can also mean greater rewards as our people are not simply staff, they’re Partners. Every member of our team has a stake in our business, so as we grow – the potential for profit grows too. Something our Partners receive a part of, making them care as much about the Partnership as we care about them. After all, Partnership is a two-way relationship.
Available Positions, Locations and Salaries
- Assistant Merchandiser, Waitrose General Merchandise -South East England / Salary: £27,000 – £37,100 ‘The pay range for this role will increase to: £29,200 – £40,100 from 1 April.’
- Senior User Experience (UX) Designer, Waitrose Digital Development – South East England / Salary: £40,100 – £58,100. The pay range for this role will increase to: £42,200 – £58,100 from 1 April 2019.
Solution Architect – Digital (Grocery) – South East England / Salary: £57,700 – £85,500 Commercial Vehicle Technician – South East England / Salary: Up to £35,300 plus shift allowance and overtime Mushroom Farm Harvester – Leckford, Stockbridge / Salary £8.20 – £9.43 per hour Team Leader, Odney Hotel – South East England / Salary: £8.53 – £11.14 Test Engineer – Victoria / Salary: £40,200 – £58,800 per annum Customer Delivery Driver Installer – Avonmouth / Salary: £11.05 – £14.37 plus appropriate shift premium per hour Digital Analytics Implementation Architect – Victoria, London / Salary: £41,400 – £57,900
Assistant Merchandiser, Waitrose General Merchandise
This is an extremely demanding role in a fast paced and pressurised environment that requires the ability to work to deadlines, prioritise and multi-task. Effective communication is essential in this role, requiring relationships to be built and maintained across many directorates and external stakeholders.
Time management and the ability to multi-task are key to the role on a daily basis as well as working well within a team. The ability to make clear and concise decisions is essential when dealing with unexpected scenarios at key times throughout the year.
The Partnership’s ultimate purpose is the happiness of all its members, through their worthwhile and satisfying employment in a successful business. Because the Partnership is owned in trust for its members, they share the responsibilities of ownership as well as its rewards – profit, knowledge and power. What other companies provide a share of profits to their workers?
Senior User Experience (UX) Designer, Waitrose Digital Development
Some of the requirements of this role include:
– Working Agile as part of an efficient and multi-disciplined delivery team.
– Sketching, wireframing and prototyping to design seamless user flows and intuitive user interfaces for evaluation.
– Exploring these ideas with a healthy test and learn approach using hypothesis-driven user validation from quick-and-dirty guerilla testing to dedicated, in-depth lab-testing with recruited participants.
– Creating fully-annotated UX specifications to provide instruction and guidance to your team colleagues.
– Capturing user stories in Jira tickets with clear goals, hypotheses and acceptance criteria to inform the work.
– Conducting diligent cross-browser and cross-device testing to ensure all releases meet strict acceptance criteria.
– Capturing and analysing customer and business data to support decisions: this includes inventory creation, data analytics, MVT testing, usability testing (remote and lab), heuristic analysis, competitor reviews, ethnographic studies, card sorting, surveys and similar activities.
Solution Architect – Digital (Grocery) – Closed
It will be your responsibility to help take Waitrose Online to the next level in developing its strategic digital and retail commerce capability, extending it’s leadership in omni-channel retailing. As a key member of the Technology Strategy and Architecture team, you will be at the heart of developing a commerce landscape to support the wider needs of the business.
You will understand the opportunities and challenges in creating a compelling omni-channel channel business, such that we can deliver a digital customer experience that properly complements our in-store proposition. Working embedded with our e-commerce delivery team, you will be responsible for bridging the gap between our wider retail IT architecture and the implementation of the digital channel, as well as providing technical leadership and direction with regard to the software architecture of the landscape itself.
Creating an eCommerce capability for Waitrose that can operate effectively alongside bricks and mortar stores is complex and challenging. Few roles offer the opportunity to operate in the retail IT arena on this scale.
Commercial Vehicle Technician – Closed
Waitrose Commercial Vehicle Technicians are the lifeblood of our logistics network. Without them, our shelves would be empty and our customers disappointed. Our Vehicle Technicians are encouraged to manage their own time, while being proactive to ensure our Commercial Fleet is maintained.
Can you see yourself in this role? A typical day may see yourself doing the following:
– Servicing and repairing any of our Commercial Vehicles
– Maintaining a compliant and safe working environment
– Attending a ‘Partner Voice’ session to help shape the direction of your department and wider business
– Enjoying a freshly made subsidised lunch in our Partner’s Dining Room
Mushroom Farm Harvester – Closed
Leckford Estate has 16 growing rooms specifically created for mushroom crop production. We produce the finest quality Chestnut mushrooms from the Estate, including pre-packed products and loose products. Mushrooms are harvested at different times of maturity producing different product lines.
Our crop consists of five lines in total: Chestnut Cups, Portabellini, Portabella, South of England and 2kg loose Chestnut Cups. In order to achieve the finest mushrooms, each room maintains a 16-18-degree temperature. We have been producing mushrooms on the Estate since 1986 and typically harvest 25-26 tonnes of Chestnut mushrooms per week on The Waitrose Farm; each is carefully hand picked and packaged for protection.
— About the role —
As a Mushroom Farm Harvester, you will be hand-harvesting mushrooms from our growing rooms, ensuring optimal picking rates, punnet and tray weights, mushroom quality and presentation.
You will play an important part of a wider team responsible for supplying high-quality mushrooms to our Waitrose supermarkets.
More information about our Mushroom Farm: www.leckfordestate.co.uk/produce/mushrooms
Team Leader, Odney Hotel – Closed
The role will suit an individual with strong leadership and communication skills, who enjoys taking pride in good customer service and have a passion for great food and drink.
Our chosen candidate will love self and team development, setting targets and achieving goals whilst ensuring Health and safety requirements are met and adhered to at all times.
All applicants must be over 18 and have bar / restaurant experience to supervisory status.
Test Engineer – Closed
The John Lewis Testing & Environments Practice (TEP) is responsible for directing ways of working and approach to testing working with our internal Partners and our core testing partner. You will be responsible for helping to shape and drive the testing approach while working day to day in teams to deliver new features. Your responsibilities will include:
– Working with onshore, nearshore and offshore teams to develop testing approach to deliver value quickly and with quality to the customer
– Working across teams to build a clear and coherent Test Strategy based on Internal Delivery Code of Practice and Engineering Principles
– Reporting to Delivery Lead on release progress and test improvement activities
– Working with the team to ensure coverage and approach for test checking automation within a Continuous Integration and Delivery environment
– Supporting functional and non-functional testing solutions
– Utilising retrospection and other techniques to continuously improve the testing delivery within the teams
– Ensuring progress is measured and the continuous improvement plan is in place based on measures and consistent feedback
– Representing the Testing Community in promoting testing within the organisation and externally
Customer Delivery Driver Installer – Closed
You will be expected to contribute to the safe working environment by being aware of, and adhering to, legislative and health & safety requirements of the workplace and whilst in customer homes.
As a driver, candidates should be able to demonstrate knowledge of the relevant regulations as well as possessing the correct skills to pass the driver assessment.
Candidates should be committed to achieving the Partner and customer satisfaction targets and Service Targets, within the context of the Partnership’s core values, behaviours and principles.
Digital Analytics Implementation Architect – Closed
This is an excellent opportunity for someone passionate about code, data, and digital technology to deepen their experience with digital analytics and marketing platforms in one of the UK’s largest online retailers.
Job Application Online Process
To finalize your online application to Waitrose, follow the steps below:
Through Waitrose’s website, search for the human resources tab where you can list the current job openings and the application forms. There, you can find information on the steps to follow, with the explanations. Please note that, in case the job openings are not listed online on the original company’s website, you can always use the search engines/tools or the career websites with the advertisement links. You can reach the website of Waitrose from the link provided here to apply online for the openings.
Job Application Form Printable PDF
You can download the Waitrose printable job application form from the bottom. Once your computer has downloaded the form, you can then fill it out and then print the form.