How to apply a Morrisons Kitchen Porter jobs, Morrisons Kitchen Porter open positions, Morrisons Kitchen Porter salary opportunities in detail from this article.
Morrisons Kitchen Porter Jobs
About The Role
We are currently recruiting for a Kitchen Porter to join our Facilities team based at our Head Office here in Bradford, West Yorkshire.The position is a permanent role covering Monday to Friday, 32 hours per week. The purpose of the role is to support the kitchen team and catering operation with supply of product throughout the day, to ensure great service is provided and that the storage facilities are maintained with great shop keeping standards.
Within this role, you will be accountable for the following;
- All delivery issues to be flagged in order to maintain availability
- Maintain a customer friendly and safe environment, identify and respond to customer needs, offering assistance where required
- Teamwork – work in conjunction with other team colleagues and the wider facilities team, maintain pace and focus on participating in team sessions. Offer support and advice when required.
- Communicate effectively at all levels and be able to follow written and verbal briefs
- Identify opportunities for improved service
- Presentation – take pride in your own appearance, meeting company dress standards and requirements
- Follow cleaning schedules, clean sections apparatus and machinery as directed
- Report any maintenance issues immediately to management
- Maintain compliance in all areas of the department, ensuring that the company shows due diligence at all times in regards to company policies, procedures and legalities
- Following Company food safety guidelines and handling and storing products correctly, maintaining temperature control and adhering to the cold chain procedure
- Follow health and safety and good housekeeping practices, ensure the work areas are kept clean and hazard free. Using and storing chemicals safely and wear PPE as provided at the appropriate times as per policy.
- Company policies, procedures and legalities – compliance in all areas of your department ensuring the Company shows due diligence at all times
- Receive deliveries, assist with making orders and assist with stock take
Sales, Profit and Cash
- Minimise waste at all times by careful stock handling, date code checking rotation and storage standards. Control and use of Expense items
- Deal with damaged and time expired goods according to Company policy
- Availability/Sales – All orders to be checked against delivery notes and shortages/overs claimed for.
Job Application Online Process
To be successful in this role you will have the following knowledge, skills and experience;
- Food Safety Level 2
- Department Product & equipment knowledge
- Great understanding of shop-keeping standards
- Company policy and procedures
- Compliance and legislation
- Has enthusiasm and commitment to delivering the plan
- Ability to communicate effectively
- The ability to get the best out of colleagues and be a great team player – and to build and maintain effective relationships
- Is able to work using own initiative
- Offers support to colleagues
- Cares about customers and is always helpful
- Flexibility and demonstration of being a good team player
- Demonstration of commitment to delivering the plan
- Working proactively, efficiently and cost consciously to required deadlines in a fast paced high volume environment
Job Application Form Printable PDF
You can download the Morrisons Kitchen Porter printable job application form from the bottom. Once your computer has downloaded the form, you can then fill it out and then print the form.