In this article, you can find information on how to make job application to Costco, to have knowledge on job application hand in/online forms, job openings and information on salary, the deadlines assigned for the applications and the pre-requisites/ qualifications for each position.
How to apply a Costco jobs, open positions, salary opportunities, you can learn career options in detail, job application form or PDF from this article.
The Costco story begins in 1976, when entrepreneur Sol Price introduced a groundbreaking retail concept in San Diego, California. Price Club was the world’s first membership warehouse club, a place where efficient buying and operating practices gave members access to unmatched savings.
At first, Price Club was limited exclusively to business members, who could purchase a wide range of supplies and wholesale items. Jim Sinegal, the executive vice-president of merchandising, distribution and marketing, was instrumental in fine-tuning the merchandise and marketing strategies, helping to turn Price Club into a success story that changed the face of retailing worldwide.
Seven years later, Jim Sinegal channeled his expertise into co-founding Costco Wholesale with Jeff Brotman, and together they opened the first warehouse in Seattle, Washington in 1983.
Over the next decade, both Price Club and Costco Wholesale continued to innovate and grow, and in 1993, the two mega-retailers merged, creating a gifted leadership team that soon made Costco the world’s most successful warehouse club.
Today, as the company evolves, it stays true to the qualities that helped attract and retain millions of loyal members around the globe:
Commitment to quality. Costco warehouses carry about 4,000 SKUs (stock keeping units) compared to the 30,000 found at most supermarkets. By carefully choosing products based on quality, price, brand, and features, the company can offer the best value to members.
Available Positions and Salaries
General Warehouse Assistant – Salaries – $65.000 – $75.000 /year
We are currently recruiting for the following part time positions:
- Membership Assistant
- Member Services Assistant
- Cafe Assistant
- Optical Assistant
To be suitable for the General Warehouse Assistant role you will be:
- Flexible with regards to working part time hours (minimum of 24 hours per week) between the hours of 04.00-23.00 Monday-Sunday
- Service oriented – experienced in ‘going the extra mile’
- Energetic and familiar with working in a fast-paced environment
Membership Service Assistant – Salaries – $12.00 – $16.00 /hour
- Welcomes and communicates with members and potential members, in person, by phone or by mail. Answers questions, resolves problems and explains membership, warehouse and credit programs. Reviews membership, warehouse and credit programs to keep knowledge up to date.
- Provides and arranges for prompt and courteous member service. Answers phones, runs to the floor to check item availability, directs members to product and service locations. Enlists assistance for member loading or shopping. Responds helpfully to member concerns, secures manager assistance as necessary.
- Processes new memberships and membership maintenance. Keys membership information into computer, keeps logs and paperwork, obtains supervisor approvals when necessary. Follows departmental procedures for paperwork and performance of duties.
- Follows all safety and security procedures. Verifies identity, business information for memberships.
- Collects membership fees as keyed to computer by cheque, cash or debit card. Issues receipts.
- Issues membership cards using computer, camera and automated card printer. Issues temporary cards by researching membership information in computer and hand writing card. Issues employee name badges.
- Keys credit applications; confidentiality, access and discretion.
- Assists at refund counter or with marketing as necessary. Cleans department, stocks forms and cleans and supplies printers.
- Assists in other areas of the Warehouse as necessary.
Job Application Online Process
To finalize your online application to Costco, follow the steps below:
Through Costco’s website, search for the human resources tab where you can list the current job openings and the application forms. There, you can find information on the steps to follow, with the explanations. Please note that, in case the job openings are not listed online on the original company’s website, you can always use the search engines/tools or the career websites with the advertisement links. You can reach the website of Costco from the link provided here to apply online for the openings.
Job Application Form Printable PDF
You can download the Costco printable job application form from the bottom. Once your computer has downloaded the form, you can then fill it out and then print the form.