In this article, you can find information on how to make job application to CarShop, to have knowledge on job application hand in/online forms, job openings and information on salary, the deadlines assigned for the applications and the pre-requisites/ qualifications for each position.
How to apply a CarShop jobs, open positions, salary opportunities, you can learn career options in detail, job application form or PDF from this article.
Being part of the UK’s largest dealer group, we have ambitious plans to fundamentally change the used car retail
landscape forever. That’s why we’ve defined our purpose as being “to lead the evolution of the automotive marketplace.”
Ultimately, we know that Colleagues must be at the heart of our business and everything we do. If we get it right for
our Colleagues, we’ll get it right for our customers, and we’ll continually evolve. That’s why we’re on a mission to deliver a world-class Colleague and Customer experience.
Available Positions, Locations and Salaries
- Accounts Assistant / Salary: £8.50 per hour
- BI Developer / Data Visualisation Engineer / Salary: Up to £40,000 OTE
- Body Estimator / Salary: £24,000 per annum
- Brand Experience Manager / Salary: £35,000 basic with £40,000 OTE
- Customer Consultant / Salary: £15,000 basic salary, £25,000 – 35,000 OTE with uncapped earning potential
Digital Marketing Analyst – Northampton / Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 depending on experience Accounts Administrator – Northampton / Salary: Competitive Salary Accounts Administrator ( Full Time) – Northampton / Salary: £17,000 per annum Accounts Administrator ( Part time) – Cardiff / Salary: £16,640 per annum pro rata Business Manager – Norwich / Salary: £18,000 basic with £50,000 OTE
What you will be doing:
- Daily banking reconciliation
- Assisting with store banking
- Producing daily KPI reports
- Reviewing and reconciling debtors ledger
- Setting up BACS payments and writing cheques
- Handling petty cash
- Posting accounting journals
- Logging missing payouts
- Assisting with month end accounts
- Filing and archiving
- Maintaining sufficient stationary supplies for the store
What we think good looks like:
- Effective organisational skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to communicate with a diverse workforce
- Ability to build relationships at all levels
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- IT literate and confident on Excel
BI Developer / Data Visualisation Engineer
- Working alongside and influencing senior stakeholders to demonstrate the power of data visualisation and storytelling on business performance
- Gathering requirements, designing and customising BI solutions to meet internal needs
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders to simplify technical information to non-technical stakeholders
- Translate business needs to technical specifications
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions (e.g. reporting tools)
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms
- Create tools to store data (e.g. OLAP cubes)
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting
- Evaluate and improve/replace existing BI tools
- Collaborate with teams to integrate systems
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses
- Create visualizations and reports for requested projects
- Develop and update technical documentation
Are you the sort of person that can spot the smallest dents and imperfections? Do you like to polish your own car until you can see your face?
Estimating cars isn’t easy, you’ll need great attention to detail to spot these imperfections, and the technical know-how to recommend the best methods for repairing them, as well as how long the repair will take.
Gaining this knowledge takes time and practice, so we’ll need you to have some experience. And we’ll do some technical tests to make sure you’re accurate.
Once you’ve estimated a price, we’ll use that to make a decision on whether it’s worth fixing. Our business model depends on getting this right. No pressure.
You’ll be working at our state of the art preparation centre in Leighton Buzzard, but don’t just take our word for it, come and see for yourself. We have the capability to prepare 800 cars every single week. From inspecting to preparing to imaging – everything has to run like clockwork.
Brand Experience Manager
As a Brand Experience Manager you will be responsible for:
- To support the store retail and service operation to generate the highest levels of customer experience
in response to customer feedback. To share both positive and negative customer and observational feedback to both colleagues and managers to ensure visibility and improvement over issues and recognition and sharing of best practice.
- To train, coach and develop their direct report and store colleagues to deliver a consistent high quality of service for every customer in their respective teams. To hold store colleagues to account for their delivery of customer service.
- To personally demonstrate the highest levels of customer focus and understanding to set the standard for the store teams and lead a customer orientated culture.
- To work with all stores teams to ensure excellent communication to manage customer flow, minimise wait times and ensure operational process changes are well implemented to the benefit of the customer.
- To manage the Customer Experience Manager to ensure the Vehicle Collections team deliver high quality vehicle handover experiences for all customers, including all administrative and vehicle preparation activity.
- To manage Customer Experience Manager to manage the Customer Services team to handle all contacts with integrity, honesty and professionalism in all circumstances to ensure timely and satisfactory resolution for all issues.
- To act as the customer’s advocate within the store to ensure that all departments remain focused on the customer using customer feedback to drive constant improvement to customer KPIs and ensure targets are met. To complete monthly store ‘customer experience’ reviews and support the store management team to devise and implement action plans to improve customer metrics and experience.
- To maintain an excellent understanding of appropriate legislation and business function processes in relation to the selling of used vehicles and to share best practice across the Brand Experience Manager peer group. To attend appropriate training and launch activity for new process and initiatives where this will impact upon the customer.
- To become an expert in the gathering and interpretation of customer feedback through electronic and
direct contact to identify trends and promote appropriate solutions. To provide weekly reporting and analysis of feedback and customer metrics to identify trends and issues. To work as part of the Brand Experience Manager peer group and with the Head of Customer to shape the customer experience to the customer and company’s benefit to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and retention.
Are you a natural at building rapport and delivering exceptional customer service?
Then CarShop want to hear from you. We are looking for a number of Customer Consultants / Sales Executives to come and join the CarShop family. Unlike your conventional motor retail dealerships you can feel the buzz and excitement as soon as you step through our doors. With a busy pace, fantastic earning potential and loads of support this is really the place to be. CarShop offer first class training, career progression and superb benefits why would you want to work anywhere else!
Here at CarShop, we are absolutely committed to making sure our Colleagues have a great place to work, are excited and engaged in what they are doing and are rewarded for their achievements.
Our fantastic benefits package includes:
22 days’ holiday that increases with length of service
BUPA Private medical insurance options
Salary sacrifice schemes including childcare vouchers and cycle to work
Discounted gym membership
Life Assurance scheme
Digital Marketing Analyst – Closed
Identifying objectives, advise and implement suitable measurement strategies
Benchmark performance across all online channels and advising on KPIs
Using methodical performance analysis to influence/support campaign strategies
Developing custom marketing dashboard concepts for internal reporting
Reporting on key metrics, analysing and interpreting trends and providing actionable insights based on available analytics data
Analysing the effect of different digital channels on each other, and developing and implementing innovative strategies for improvement and growth
Analysing online user behaviour, conversion data and customer journeys, funnel analysis and supporting third-party agencies on multi-channel attribution analysis
Performing ROI analysis to evaluate efficiency and effectiveness of different marketing campaigns
Identifying customer struggle within the online journey and supporting the Product Manager in writing appropriate test hypotheses with analysis to prove/disprove, leading to website development and conversion rate optimization (CRO)
Using available data sources to deep dive and troubleshoot campaign (and overall) performance issues and propose methodical optimisation tests, both for the website and marketing campaigns
Using data work closely with the internal business intelligence and supply teams to identify, and explore opportunities to improve/support pricing, stock allocation/mix decisions
Collaborating with the Product Manager for conversion optimisation projects
Collaborating with the marketing team to enhance reporting, overall performance measurement and conduct detailed analysis work when required
Accounts Administrator – closed
CarShop aims to be the employer of choice within the motor retail industry. We put a lot of time and effort into finding and nurturing the very best candidates for every job, recognising and rewarding your achievements and supporting your personal development, especially for our Apprentices
CarShop are part of the Sytner Group and we are enjoying phenomenal success. We are growing our proposition and are set to open a further 3 retail stores over the next 12 months. Thats why we are looking for talented individuals to come and join the CarShop family.
Your responsibility will be to provide efficient and accurate admin support to the sales team and overall store.
Business Manager – closed
As Business Manager your role is to deliver exceptional customer experience and to deliver maximised profitability. Working within a controlled sales and finance process you will help to support Customer Consultants in sales but also be responsible for selling a range of vehicle add-on products as well as finance and asset protection products. You will deliver sales campaigns and promotions that maximise finance penetration and generate a buzz and enthusiasm with other team members.
What you will be doing
You will be interacting with people every day and will have the ability to very quickly build effective relationships with both Colleagues and Customers. You will need to be extremely well organised and demonstrate an excellent understanding of FCA regulations relating to Insurance sales. Your ability to build rapport quickly will enable you to successfully establish our customer’s particular needs to make recommendations to them to provide sufficient cover.
Job Application Online Process
To finalize your online application to CarShop, follow the steps below:
Through CarShop’s website, search for the human resources tab where you can list the current job openings and the application forms. There, you can find information on the steps to follow, with the explanations. Please note that, in case the job openings are not listed online on the original company’s website, you can always use the search engines/tools or the career websites with the advertisement links. You can reach the website of CarShop from the link provided here to apply online for the openings.
Job Application Form Printable PDF
You can download the CarShop printable job application form from the bottom. Once your computer has downloaded the form, you can then fill it out and then print the form.
Click for PDF